Dołączył: 18 Mar 2011
Przeczytał: 0 tematów
|Wysłany: Czw 4:50, 26 Maj 2011 Temat postu: 10 Interesting Facts About Beaches In The Uk
There are an impressive 150 beaches in the UK with a blue flag or quality coast category; certifying cleanliness, great facilities and safety. There are 13 beaches with blue flag status in Pembrokeshire alone. Britain contains some of the cleanest, safest and most spectacular beaches anywhere in the earth.
2. Our coastline is an of the most procurable in the world; wherever you live in the UK, you will be fewer than 2 hours pedal from the coast. Few additional countries can boast such ease of way. The furthest you can be from the sea is evaluated to be 73 miles, whether you happen to live in Coton in the elms, Derbyshire!
3. The coastline of the UK is quite long likened to other similarly sized countries; for instance, our coastline is 3 and a half periods longer than the coastline of Spain and 5 periods longer than the coastline of France. Why head to Europe for sun kissed, golden beaches while they can all be base in the uk?
4. There have, historically, been up to 200 million day trips to the beach in a single year. That works out at extra than 3 visits to the seashore as every person in the UK. Needless to mention, the beaches of the UK are hugely popular surrounded the British population.
5. The UK contains some of the best beaches in the world for learning to surf; from Caswell Bay aboard the Gower Peninsula, to Sennen Cove in Cornwall. A popular surfing website lists a total of 47 beaches in the UK appropriate for surfing. Furthermore, there are a number of great surf schools situated throughout the UK,[link widoczny dla zalogowanych], from surf's up, to the Quiksilver surf educate.
6. The yearly proceeds from services at UK beaches over a year absolute up to a whopping 8 billion pounds. Figures from the tourism industry also denote a 13% increase in costing along holiday producers between 2008-2009.
7. There are now 3 times the number of wash beaches in the UK than there were 25 years antecedent; and the diagram continues to improve, through the hard work of the maritime conservation society and other volunteer organisations. Water cleanliness continues to enhance, as well as safety measures at beaches bring offthe UK.
8. Torbay and the Isle Of Wight reputedly have the best beaches in the UK, each creature presented with 14 awards this annual.
9. Blackpool Pleasure Beach is not merely the maximum popular beach resort in the UK; it is also the UK's maximum popular attraction, nationwide, attracting 5.7 million guests last year, knocking the Tate Modern,[link widoczny dla zalogowanych], with 800,000 guests, into second place.
10. The UK's beaches are some of the best places to see prodigious wildlife. A wide diversity of birds, fish and even seals tin be seen at numerous waterfronts approximately the UK's coastline. In counting to this, over 1500km of coastline in England and Wales has been designated for heritage coastline; that is, an district with notable natural loveliness of technological amuse.
Post został pochwalony 0 razy